Heather Cude is a member of the Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group, focusing her practice primarily in the areas of first- and third party automobile negligence.
Ms. Cude, who works in the firm's Detroit office, also has experience handling personal injury cases that involve trucking liability, bus liability, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents, slip and fall accidents, pet attacks and claims of alleged police misconduct.
Ms. Cude received her law degree, cum laude, from Wayne State University Law School in 2015. While in law school, she interned for Judge Gerald E. Rosen of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Wayne County Corporation Counsel.
Representative Client Work
Serving as second chair, successfully tried a first-party no-fault PIP action to verdict in Wayne County Circuit Court
Argued and appealed claims involving personal protection insurance, bodily injury, negligent entrustment, premises liability and procedural and evidentiary issues
Successfully managed substantial caseload of first-party, bodily injury, negligent entrustment and premises liability claims with exposures as high as $1.5 million
Successfully argued motions for summary disposition for claims involving personal protection insurance, bodily injury, negligent entrustment and premises liability
Obtained favorable results in numerous personal injury and negligence claims before case evaluation panels in Oakland, Macomb, Wayne and other Michigan counties
- State Bar of Michigan (Young Lawyers Section)
- Wayne State University Law School, cum laude, J.D., 2015
- Grand Valley State University, B.A., 2009
- Michigan, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2017
Honors & Recognitions
- Wayne State University Law School Silver Key Certificate
- Wayne State University Law School BOG Merit Scholarship
- Wayne State University Law School Lewis Rockwell Endowed Scholarship
- Wayne State University Law School Norman Leemon Endowed Scholarship
- Wayne State University Law School Stephen R. Levine Memorial Endowed Scholarship