Jamie Lynn McCutcheon is an associate in the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group. Ms. McCutcheon focuses her practice on the defense of first- and third-party auto liability cases on behalf of national insurance companies and their policyholders.
Ms. McCutcheon handles cases and pre-litigation investigations involving an array of insurance matters, including potentially high-exposure litigation involving complex and catastrophic injuries. She also has experience handling subrogation matters.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Ms. McCutcheon received her law degree from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2010 and her undergraduate degree from Eastern Michigan University in 1998.
Representative Client Work
- Defends insurers in first party no-fault cases
- Defends insureds of insurers in third-party auto negligence cases
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of an insurer where fraud was committed by the plaintiff, the son of the insured and the primary named insured, resulting in a dismissal of the plaintiff’s direct PIP action and multiple related provider cases
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of no-fault carriers regarding priority and coverage disputes
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of a third-party defendant who was less than 50% at fault for a pedestrian versus motor vehicle accident
- Obtained a no cause of action jury trial verdict on behalf of an insurer in a property damage case with claims caused by a hidden driver
- Successfully defended an insurer from a claim that it issued a salvage title to its insured inappropriately in place of a clear title through jury verdict, finding that the plaintiff had no cause of action
- State Bar of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Eastern Michigan University, B.S., 1998
- Michigan, 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Insurance Law, 2021