A member of the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group, Jason R. Hodge focuses his practice in the area of first-party No-Fault Law. Mr. Hodge has experience handling insurance defense litigation involving coverage issues, priority disputes, fraud and liability claims.
A former claims specialist for one of the nation’s largest automobile and homeowner’s insurance companies, Mr. Hodge gained extensive experience handling No-Fault claims involving medical payment coverage and personal injury protection that involved a substantial amount of complex litigation.
Admitted to practice in Michigan, Mr. Hodge received his law degree, summa cum laude, from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2020 and his undergraduate degree from Michigan State University in 2012.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained summary judgment in a first-party personal protection insurance case that resulted in partial recoupment from another insurer for over $400,000 in paid benefits due to the “involvement” of the other vehicle in a motorcycle accident
- Authored applications for leave to the Michigan Court of Appeals for claims involving personal protection insurance
- Obtained summary judgment in a matter involving insurance fraud where the insured intentionally misrepresented information to obtain benefits
- Successfully filed and argued declaratory actions rescinding a policy of insurance based on fraudulent misrepresentations by the insured in the procurement of the policy
- Successfully defended a variety of clients, including personal and commercial insurance carriers, at the trial court level in claims involving personal protection insurance, bodily injury, uninsured/underinsured motorist, dog bites and insurance reimbursement actions
- State Bar of Michigan
Licenses & Certifications
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, summa cum laude, J.D., 2020
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2012
- Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School - Awarded over 10 Certificates of Merit
- New York Bar Association National Moot Court Team, Best Brief Runner-Up, Fall 2018