John M. Kuzmich is a member of the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group who has extensive experience litigating Michigan No-Fault auto insurance defense matters in state circuit and district courts.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Mr. Kuzmich focuses his practice on representing clients in the litigation of complex motor vehicle negligence matters. These claims involve Personal Injury Protection benefits, third-party claims and insurance fraud.
In addition, Mr. Kuzmich has experience litigating premises liability and general negligence matters.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained dismissal of actions in cases involving complex automobile insurance litigation based upon the purchase of assignments by non-provider entities seeking to collect no-fault benefits
- Obtained dismissal of automobile insurer client based upon a review of policy language, resulting in a determination that the insurer had issued a policy endorsement protecting it from liability
- Identified false and fraudulent submissions for no-fault benefits based upon extensive analysis and discovery, resulting in the grant of a dispositive motion and dismissal of a plaintiff based on the plaintiff having no involvement in the subject accident for which claims were being made
- Conducted examinations under oath to identify potentially fraudulent claims for no-fault benefits and provides recommendations and legal analysis to automobile insurers based upon the information procured
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association Chapter of the American Inns of Court (2020 - 2021)
- Hellenic Bar Association (Vice President)
- American Bar Association
- Village of Milford Zoning Board of Appeals, Alternate Member
- Michigan Abolitionist Project, Community Group Member
- Judge Michael D. Warren, Jr. and Judge Rudy J. Nichols, Oakland County 6th Judicial Circuit Court, Judicial Law Clerk
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., 2014
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2009
- Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2016