An associate in the firm's Bloomfield Hills office, Kaitlyn M. Cox is member of the Labor & Employment Law Practice Group.
Ms. Cox focuses her practice in the area of employment law, including discrimination, retaliation, and civil rights claims brought under state and federal statutes. She also provides counsel to employers of all sizes regarding employment and labor issues prior to litigation, including compliance with the ADA, FMLA and FLSA. Ms. Cox represents clients in drafting and enforcing contractual agreements.
Ms. Cox received her law degree from Wayne State University Law School in 2020. While there, she served as Business Editor of the Journal of Law in Society and as editor-in-chief for Michigan International Lawyer. She received her undergraduate degree from Michigan State University in 2016.
Representative Client Work
- Researched, strategized and drafted a motion for summary disposition, which was granted in federal court, for a professional liability case where the firm represented a debt collector
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Wine Organization, Board Member
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2020
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2016
- Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Wayne State University Law School's Transactional Law Competition, 2019 Runner-up Negotiator
- Wayne State University Law School's Journal of Law in Society, Business Editor
- State Bar of Michigan International Law Section's Michigan International Lawyer, Editor-in-Chief