A member of the firm’s Lansing office, Keith R. Hicks has extensive litigation experience in defending railroad accidents, products liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, municipal and administrative law and all forms of personal injury.
Mr. Hicks offers support in the following areas: witness interviews, preparation of pleadings, answers to complaints, requests for admissions, interrogatories, requests for production, FOIA requests, discovery responses, motions, pre-trial statements, jury instructions, timelines, record retrieval and preparation, plaintiff and defense trial preparation, including trial notebooks and exhibits, medical summaries, deposition summaries, affidavits, case assessment reports, complex litigation document organization, document summaries and document database maintenance.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Hicks worked as a paralegal with two other Lansing-based firms for 23 years. He also previously worked in the life insurance field.
- Ingham County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Haslett-Okemos Rotary Club (1974-1998; Past President, 1980-1981)
PUBLICATIONS & LECTURES
- “Litigation Skills for Legal Staff in Michigan,” seminar presented by Lorman Education Services, faculty member, co-author of presentation materials, East Lansing, Michigan, November 2006
- “Litigation Skills for Legal Staff in Michigan,” seminar presented by Lorman Educational Services, faculty member, co-author of presentation materials, East Lansing, Michigan, November 2005
- “Analyzing Medical Records for the Michigan Paralegal,” seminar sponsored by Institute for Paralegal Education, a division of National Business Institute, Inc., lecturer, co-author of presentation materials, May 2004
- Westminster City School, London, England
- Chiswick Polytechnic College, London, England
- Lansing Community College
Honors & Recognitions
- Rotary International – Paul Harris Fellow
- Certificate of Mastery (Research) Lexis