Kelly J. Shefferly is a member of the firm's Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights and Transactional Law practice groups.
On behalf of his banking clients, Mr. Shefferly handles contracts and litigation, which includes collections and breach of contract claims. Mr. Shefferly also represents business clients in mergers and acquisitions and real estate law.
Mr. Shefferly is a former judicial extern for Judge Wendy Lynn Potts in the Business Court at the 6th Circuit Court in Pontiac, Michigan. He also worked as a judicial extern for Judge Deborah L. Thorne of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago.
Representative Client Work
- Assists clients with the license application process with the state of Michigan under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act
- State Bar of Michigan
Publications and Lectures
- Michigan Compendium of Secured Finance Law, Co-author, Secured Finance Association, September 2019
Areas of Practice
- University of Illinois College of Law, magna cum laude, J.D., 2018
- The George Washington University, M.B.A., 2014
- DePaul University, M.A., 2010
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2007
- Michigan, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2019