Kimberly K. Seibert serves as Co-leader of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group. She focuses her practice in the areas of motor vehicle negligence and no-fault law, routinely defending insurers, rental car companies, trucking companies, and corporations in no-fault coverage disputes and negligence suits.
Ms. Seibert advises her clients in all aspects of handling pre-suit claims, including strategic planning for anticipated litigation, initiating fraud investigations and providing opinions regarding coverage and priority.
Fast becoming a requested writer and presenter on automobile law and social networking, Ms. Seibert has numerous articles and seminars to her credit. In particular, Ms. Seibert has written an article, titled: "Social Networking Sites and the Requirement of Authentication," which was published in the July 2014 Michigan Bar Journal. She also frequently conducts presentations for insurers in the insurance, automobile and trucking industries on the most recent developments in Michigan no-fault and automobile negligence law.
A member of the firm's Detroit office, Ms. Seibert received her law degree from Wayne State University Law School where she received the Bronze Key Certificate. Ms. Seibert received her undergraduate degree from University of Michigan.
Representative Client Work
- Defends insurers and self-insurers in first party no-fault cases
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of restaurant owner in premises liability case
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of non-trucking liability “bobtail” carrier in no-fault priority dispute cases
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of no-fault carriers regarding priority and coverage disputes
- Routinely obtains voluntary dismissal and summary disposition on behalf of rental car companies under Michigan’s Owner’s Liability Statute (MCL 257.401)
- Successfully defended insurance company in fraudulent no-fault claim, saving insurer over $150,000
- Women’s Bar Association- Oakland Region of WLAM
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association Inns of Court
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association
- "Social Networking Sites and the Requirement of Authentication," author, Michigan Bar Journal, July 2014
Areas of Practice
- Judge Matthew S. Switalski, Macomb County Circuit Court, 2009
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2011
- University of Michigan, B.S., 2008
- Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2011
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Rising Star in Civil Litigation Defense, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, 2017 – 2020
- Bronze Key Certificate, 2010
- Michigan Bar Journal July 2014, 07.09.2014