A member of the firm's Lansing office, Kris Young is a Government Relations, Public Policy & Regulatory Client Advisor. He is the former Chief of Staff to Michigan House of Representatives Democratic Leader Christine Greig.
Mr. Young, who began working in Lansing in 2002 as a Legislative Aide to House Minority Leader Buzz Thomas, has built an extensive network that extends to both sides of the political aisle. On behalf of the firm, he provides further depth to its government relations practice, particularly with lawmakers and other elected state, county and local officials affiliated with the Democratic Party.
Throughout his political career, Mr. Young has amassed an impressive track record of legislative accomplishments, including:
- Public Act 392 of 2012 to create the Detroit Public Lighting Authority
- Public Act 296 of 2010 to create the Art Institute Authorities Act
- Public Act 4 of 2009 to update the Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Act
- Public Act 135 of 2007 to create the Prostate Cancer Income Tax Check-off
- Public Act 339 of 2005 to update the Neighborhood Enterprise Zone Act
In addition to his public-sector experience, Mr. Young previously worked for AT&T as the company’s External Affairs Director. While there, he developed legislative and local government relationships to support company initiatives, and he administered the company’s Michigan political action committee and corporate political contributions. Among his legislative accomplishments at AT&T are Public Act 365 of 2018, which created the Small Wireless Facilities Act and Public Act 366 of 2018, which updated the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act.
- Great Lakes Political Academy Advisory Council
Areas of Practice
- Week of March 14, 2022, 03.14.2022
- Week of March 7, 2022, 03.07.2022
- Week of Feb. 21, 2022, 02.21.2022
- Week of Feb. 14 2022, 02.14.2022
- Week of Feb. 8, 2022, 02.08.2022
- Week of Jan. 31, 2022, 01.31.2022
- Week of Jan. 24, 2022, 01.24.2022
- Week of October 4, 2021, 10.04.2021
- Week of Sept. 20, 2021, 09.20.2021