Krystal D. Hermiz is a member of the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses her practice in the areas of first- and third-party motor vehicle negligence.
Ms. Hermiz represents insurers, corporations and individuals in a variety of automotive liability matters, including cases involving complex legal and factual issues such as coverage, fraud and rescission, and uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits, as well as claims involving premises liability.
Selected a “Rising Star” by Michigan Super Lawyers magazine since 2013, Ms. Hermiz is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in Michigan. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association and the Chaldean American Bar Association for which she is a past president.
Representative Client Work
- Represents individuals and corporations in first party No-Fault and third-party automobile negligence claims
- Successfully drafted, argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of No-Fault carriers regarding priority and coverage disputes
- Successfully drafted, argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of No-Fault carriers against numerous providers for lack of valid assignment of benefits, fraud in obtaining assignments and assignments for future treatment
- Successfully argued and obtained summary disposition on behalf of a national insurance company in a first-party motor vehicle case where the policy was procured on the basis of fraud and misrepresentation. The court's ruling permitted the client to rescind the policy, notwithstanding the claims of so-called innocent third-parties, saving the client over $1 million.
- Obtained summary disposition in a No-Fault (PIP) benefits matter where it was discovered that the plaintiff had a significant preexisting condition, and the plaintiff lacked documentary evidence to establish a material fact
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Chaldean Bar Association (President, 2008-2011)
- State Bar of Michigan
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2004
- Michigan, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2008
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Rising Star, Personal Injury - General: Defense, Super Lawyers magazine, 2013 - 2020
- "The Top Women Attorneys in Michigan," Hour Detroit magazine, 2015