Louis F. Ronayne III is a member of the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office and focuses his practice primarily in the area of commercial litigation.
Mr. Ronayne is a member of the firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group and Cannabis Industry Group. He is a former judicial law clerk for Michigan Supreme Court Justice Hon. Brian K. Zahra and previously served as a research attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals.
Mr. Ronayne received his law degree, magna cum laude, from the Michigan State University (MSU) College of Law in 2017. While there, he received several academic accolades, including completion of MSU Law’s Trial Practice Institute. He received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Adrian College in 2014.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully litigated a high-value commercial real estate purchase agreement and lease to favorable settlement for the firm's client
- Successfully obtained a stay of enforcement on behalf of a client against the Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency, allowing the business to remain operational pending appeal of the agency’s order
- Represents businesses and individuals in a broad range of commercial disputes
- Successfully negotiated and facilitated a contested real estate purchase agreement to closing
- State Bar of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- Justice Brian K. Zahra, Michigan Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk
- Michigan State University College of Law, magna cum laude, J.D., 2017
- Adrian College, cum laude, B.A., 2014
- Michigan, 2017
Honors & Recognitions
- Walter E. Oberer Scholarship
- Journal of Business and Securities Law, Executive Editor and Assistant Editor
- Don't Bet the Business, 05.13.2020
- Don't Bet the Business, 09.24.2019