Michael A. Osman is an associate in the firm's Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice in the areas of first- and third-party automobile negligence.
A member of Plunkett Cooney's Detroit office, Mr. Osman represents employers and insurance policyholders in civil litigation involving Michigan’s No-Fault Law. These claims involve personal injury protection, uninsured/underinsured motorist disputes and bodily injury.
In addition, Mr. Osman has experience working with and defending the Michigan Automobile Insurance Placement Facility (MAIPF), an organization designed to provide auto insurance to eligible individuals who were uninsured at the time of a motor vehicle accident. He assisted the MAIPF with determining the eligibility of uninsured applicants and ultimate entitlement to personal injury protection insurance benefits.
Representative Client Work
- Defends insurers and self-insurers in first party no-fault cases
- Obtains summary dispositions based on fraud and material misrepresentations in first-party no-fault disputes
- Obtains summary dispositions based on coverage and priority disputes in first-party no-fault claims
- Obtained dismissal of an action, including multiple intervening-plaintiff providers, valued at approximately $1 million based on the plaintiff’s constructive ownership of the involved motor vehicle
- State Bar of Michigan
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2014
- Wayne State University, summa cum laude, B.A., 2011
- Michigan, 2014
Honors & Recognitions
- International Legal Studies Program, Fellowship