Michele Dunsky Adams is a member of the firm’s Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses her practice in the areas of motor vehicle liability and no fault law.
A member of Plunkett Cooney's Grand Rapids office, Ms. Dunsky Adams has experience defending national insurance carriers against medical provider and policyholder claims for personal injury protection benefits in automobile lawsuits. She has also handled legal issues that included state and federal credit unions, family law, criminal defense, breach of contract and personal injury.
A 2013 graduate from the Duke University School of Law, Ms. Dunsky Adams is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Michigan, and she is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully obtained summary disposition on behalf of automatic door company in negligence/premises liability action through the application of the open and obvious danger doctrine and arguing no breach of duty
- Obtained dismissals of first-party no-fault cases based on arguments of failure to cooperate, fraud/misrepresentation and repeated violations of court orders
- Advise insurance carriers regarding pre-lawsuit issues and coverage opinion requests
Publications and Lectures
"Summons, Service, and the Complaint," Presenter, ICLE On-Demand Video Seminar
- State Bar of Michigan
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of Michigan, with distinction, B.A., 2009
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2016
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Insurance Law, 2021
- Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, Article Editor
- University Honors, University of Michigan
- James B. Angell Scholar
- Psi Chi, The National Honor Society in Psychology, Executive Board Member