Nicholas W. Siewert is a member of Plunkett Cooney's Transportation Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice on insurance-related work involving coverage disputes, entitlement issues and catastrophic injuries, as well as on No-Fault law and motor vehicle litigation.
In addition to his transportation law practice, Mr. Siewert has experience handling matters involving premises liability, product liability and construction law with particular expertise in fire and water damage claims. He has also handled matters pertaining to business law, labor and employment law, contracts and commercial litigation.
Mr. Siewert represents ride sharing companies directly and the policyholders of some of the nation's largest insurance providers as defense counsel.
Representative Client Work
- Created and subsequently expanded PIP provider defense practice area, including prelitigation examinations under oath of providers, future assignments, and science-based prelitigation bill denials
- In response to his motion for summary disposition, secured a dismissal and minor settlement of a dual-plaintiff construction site accident case involving a death and permanent paralysis
- Drafted and successfully argued motions for summary disposition in complex construction defect and breach of contract actions on numerous issues, including the statute of limitations, statute of repose, the tolling/discovery exceptions to each, and the interpretation of contractual third-party beneficiary standing
- Drafted and successfully argued motions for summary disposition for clients on numerous wrongful death matters regarding issues of ownership, liability of possessors, and third-party contractual indemnity
- Wigginton v Auto Owners Insurance Company
- Forest View Lanes, LLC v US Bowling Corporation
- Sean Jimenez v JZG Construction Services, LLC
- Macomb County Bar
- State Bar of Michigan (Business Law, Negligence Law, Young Lawyers)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Wayne State University, B.A., 2008
- Michigan, 2014