Olivia M. Paglia is a member of the firm's Bloomfield Hills office who practices primarily in area of insurance law.
Ms. Paglia represents several major property and casualty insurance companies in coverage cases throughout the Midwest. Her coverage work includes handling a variety of issues, including environmental contamination, construction defect and high-exposure product liability claims.
Ms. Paglia is a former law clerk to the Honorable Christopher M. Murray of the Michigan Court of Appeals, as well as a research attorney for the appellate court's research division.
Ms. Paglia received her law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2009. While there, she received numerous academic honors, including several book awards in contracts, civil procedure and criminal law, among others. Ms. Paglia received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Oakland University in 2006.
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- DMBA American Inns of Court
- Women Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Michigan (Young Lawyers Section)
Areas of Practice
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Christopher M. Murray at the Michigan Court of Appeals, 2011-2013
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, magna cum laude, J.D., 2009
- Oakland University, cum laude, B.A., 2006
- Michigan, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2015
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Rising Star in Insurance Coverage, Michigan Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters publication, 2017 – 2018
- Law Review, Title Editor, 2008 – 2009
- Justice Frank Murphy Honor Society
- State of Michigan Moot Court Competition
- Book Awards: Contracts, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Conflicts of Law, Sales & Trial Practice
- Michigan, 06.20.2017