For nearly 40 years, Patrick D. Lamb has practiced law in the state and federal courts in Illinois.
Mr. Lamb, who is an of counsel attorney in the firm's Chicago office, provides a myriad of legal services to over 100 corporate entities, trusts, financial institutions and businesses with expertise in the areas of commercial litigation, banking law, corporate law and business law. As a former real estate broker and title examiner, Mr. Lamb has practical business experience, having developed, owned and invested in commercial real estate.
Mr. Lamb has participated in hundreds of trials, both commercial and tort injury related, including partnership disputes, commercial mortgage foreclosure, breach of fiduciary duty, stockholder claims, breach of contract and other commercial matters in which he represented small, medium and large corporations over the course of his career.
Mr. Lamb has been recognized and retained as an expert in legal malpractice matters, having at one time defended attorneys accused of legal malpractice. His estate administrative practice has included will contests, probate and real estate trust disputes.
Representative Client Work
- Settled multi-million dollar claims and served as the lead attorney in prosecuting the partition and equitable resolution of over $360 million in real estate holdings involving more than 40 buildings
- Represents financial corporations, mortgage corporations, banks and trusts in commercial workouts and provides counsel and representation to corporate clients and upper management with respect to in partnership issues
- Represents a commercial property owner in litigation between co-owners of a 26-story building, as well as handling the eviction of tenants
- Represents multiple corporate, family clients and trusts with real estate disputes, estate work, charitable trusts, trusts and probate administration
- Advised and provided other legal support in the recent sale of corporate storage business, including its $12 million parcel of commercial property
- Represents a film company working in Chicago with issues involving movie production and contracts
- Provides assistance with corporate work to a family-owned construction company that renovates churches in Illinois, Arizona and Indiana, and provided counseling regarding the company’s shareholder issues
- Developed private placement memorandum for new corporate entity raising in excess of $5 million in start-up funds for technology entertainment business to open on Michigan Ave. in Chicago
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Park Ridge Library Board (Trustee & President)
Areas of Practice
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1980
- University of Dayton, B.S., 1976
- Illinois, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Circuit Court
- Appellate Courts