Theodore L. Degenhardt IV focuses his practice in various areas of complex litigation, including construction law, product liability, and fire- and property-damage litigation.
An experienced trial attorney, Mr. Degenhardt has appeared before state and federal courts in Michigan, defending litigation involving builders, contractors, management companies, manufacturers and suppliers.
Mr. Degenhardt represents his clients in complex litigation matters involving property and personal injury claims resulting from construction deficiencies or fire and explosions in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. Many of these cases include property destruction or serious injury or death.
In addition, Mr. Degenhardt serves as a prosecuting attorney for the city of Northville where he handles district court cases involving exterior maintenance violations, zoning issues, code violations, dog matters, traffic citations and drunk driving offenses.
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Construction Association of Michigan
- Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan (Young Professionals Advisory Board)
- "Understanding Your Insurance Coverage," CAM Magazine, September 2019
- Alpha Tao Omega
- Alpha Sigma Nu
Areas of Practice
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2009
- Michigan, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2016
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Litigation - Construction, 2021
- Law Review
- Dean's Honor Society
- Book Awards: Research and Writing, Constitutional Law, Secured Transactions
- CAM Magazine • September 2019 Issue, 10.09.2019
- Don't Bet the Business, 10.09.2019
- Cannabiz Law Blog, 07.31.2019
- Cannabiz Law Blog, 04.19.2019