Timothy P. Collins is an attorney in Plunkett Cooney's Chicago office and a member of the Title Insurance Practice Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of title insurance defense, real estate law and commercial litigation.
Mr. Collins has extensive experience representing lenders and property owners in litigation involving residential foreclosures, quiet title actions, breach of contract and related-real property matters. His expertise includes handling all aspects of REO property transactions, collections and real estate matters, including leasing agreements and eviction proceedings.
Representative Client Work
- Successfully defended mortgage lender's first lien position through prosecution of quiet title action in which prior mortgage recorded against the property was cancelled of record
- Successfully resolved title insurance claims regarding the attachment of mortgage lenders' lien interests
- Coordinate all aspects of REO property transactions, including clearing title, negotiating contract terms and sales prices, and ensuring properties are in compliance with municipal ordinances
- Represent property owners, lenders and foreclosure sale purchasers in eviction proceedings
- Negotiate and consummate settlement agreements concerning the collection of post-judgment deficiency amounts
- Represent home buyers and sellers and prepare residential leases for use by property owners following the purchase or sale of properties
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Areas of Practice
John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2013
University of Illinois, Champaign, B.A., 2009
- Illinois, 2015