Trevor J. Zamborsky is a member of Plunkett Cooney’s Transportation Law Practice Group who focuses his practice on insurance-related claims involving first- and third-party motor vehicle negligence.
A member of Plunkett Cooney's Detroit office, Mr. Zamborsky's expertise also includes litigation involving a variety of personal injury, civil rights, and commercial bankruptcy matters.
Mr. Zamborsky, who was named a Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star in Civil Litigation in 2017 and 2018, Mr. Zamborsky is a member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Michigan State Bar Association and the Oakland County Bar Association.
Representative Client Work
- Obtained numerous summary dispositions in favor of insurance companies where the plaintiff committed fraud in the application for insurance
- Trial experience includes civil jury trials in state and federal court
- Successfully represented and defended physicians in civil rights, medical malpractice, and governmental immunity matters at the federal and state levels
- Experience also includes defending insurance companies and their insureds in a variety of matters including, professional liability, workers’ compensation, home, auto, and contractual disputes
- Obtained several summary judgment rulings s in favor of physicians in a civil rights actions brought by prisoners.
- In a significant civil rights case, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a district court decision in his client’s favor
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan (Diversity Committee)
- Common Ground, Oakland County, Volunteer
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, cum laude, J.D., 2012
- Northern Michigan University, B.A., 2007
- Michigan, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2020
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star in Civil Litigation - Defense; Michigan Super Lawyer Magazine, a Thomson Reuters publication, 2017 - 2018