Despite a recent ruling by the Michigan Supreme Court striking down the state’s Emergency Powers of the Governor Act, employers must still follow COVID-19 health and safety requirements.
Employers should proceed with caution when dealing with employee leaves and other issues under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), especially those operating in the health care industry.
A federal court rules U.S. Department of Labor overreached with some aspects of its Final Rule on employee leave laws related to COVID-19.
Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
New Michigan executive orders outline return to work rules with enforceable workplace standards during pandemic.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order but loosens some restrictions.
Amid the confusing tangle of federal and state COVID-19 laws and executive orders, Michigan employers can consult this guide to remain in compliance.
SPECIAL ALERT: Employers must review this additional U.S. Department of Labor guidance regarding implementation of the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
The Department of Labor has issued guidance on the new Families First Corona Response Act.
Is your workplace compliant with OSHA-issued COVID-19 guidelines?
This post offers a checklist for first responder planning health emergency situations like the coronavirus pandemic.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Employment Discrimination
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Labor Law
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- OSHA Issues
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Sick Leave
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Employment Agreement
- Civil Rights
- National Labor Relations Act
- Minimum Wage
- Non-compete Agreements
- Social Media
- National Labor Relations Board
- Regulatory Law
- Transgender Issues
- Retail Liability
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Stunning Victory by Employer in Discrimination Case
- Michigan Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders Struck But Replaced
- Rare Published Opinion Bad News For Michigan Employers
- DOL Issues Partially Revised Regulations Regarding Paid Sick Leave Under FFCRA
- Grieving the Loss of the Company’s Social Media Accounts
- New Federal Employee Leave Laws – the Confusion That Keeps on Coming
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications