This case is a good reminder to employers that just because employees have restrictions, it doesn’t mean they have disabilities requiring ADA accommodations.
Court allows class action case to proceed against Ford Motor over claim that company’s online job portal is too difficult for applicants with disabilities to navigate.
To avoid legal quagmires, employers must understand the differences between federal and Michigan law regarding employees claiming disabilities.
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Check out the EEOC's new quick-read pamphlet for employers that provides helpful information and links to important Internet content.
Pregnant employee refusing FMLA leave can be subject to discharge under the right circumstances.
Federal appellate court holds telecommuting was not a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Minimum Wage
- Labor Law
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Sick Leave
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wage & Hour
- Human Resources
- Employment Discrimination
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Title VII
- Employment Agreement
- Hostile Work Environment
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Adopt and Amend? Supreme Court to Decide Fate of Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Acts
- New ADA Case Is Great For Employers
- Michigan Legislature Challenges its Own Lame Duck Amendments to Paid Sick Time, Minimum Wage Rate Laws
- Supreme Court Rules EEOC Charge not Jurisdictional Requirement for Bringing Civil Rights Claims in Federal Court
- Causal Connection between Protected Activity and Adverse Action Supported By Employer’s ‘Good Deed’
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?