Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
As one employer learned, failing to accommodate an employee with a disability can be risky.
This case is a good reminder to employers that just because employees have restrictions, it doesn’t mean they have disabilities requiring ADA accommodations.
Court allows class action case to proceed against Ford Motor over claim that company’s online job portal is too difficult for applicants with disabilities to navigate.
To avoid legal quagmires, employers must understand the differences between federal and Michigan law regarding employees claiming disabilities.
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Check out the EEOC's new quick-read pamphlet for employers that provides helpful information and links to important Internet content.
Pregnant employee refusing FMLA leave can be subject to discharge under the right circumstances.
Federal appellate court holds telecommuting was not a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Labor Law
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- OSHA Issues
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Sick Leave
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Employment Agreement
- Civil Rights
- National Labor Relations Act
- Minimum Wage
- Non-compete Agreements
- Social Media
- National Labor Relations Board
- Regulatory Law
- Transgender Issues
- Retail Liability
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Michigan Governor’s COVID-19 Executive Orders Struck But Replaced
- Rare Published Opinion Bad News For Michigan Employers
- DOL Issues Partially Revised Regulations Regarding Paid Sick Leave Under FFCRA
- Grieving the Loss of the Company’s Social Media Accounts
- New Federal Employee Leave Laws – the Confusion That Keeps on Coming
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications
- The Constantly Changing Coronavirus Landscape and its Effects on Michigan Employers