Employers need to know the legal issues related to COVID-19 testing and mask wearing requirements.
As one employer learned, failing to accommodate an employee with a disability can be risky.
This case is a good reminder to employers that just because employees have restrictions, it doesn’t mean they have disabilities requiring ADA accommodations.
Court allows class action case to proceed against Ford Motor over claim that company’s online job portal is too difficult for applicants with disabilities to navigate.
To avoid legal quagmires, employers must understand the differences between federal and Michigan law regarding employees claiming disabilities.
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Check out the EEOC's new quick-read pamphlet for employers that provides helpful information and links to important Internet content.
Pregnant employee refusing FMLA leave can be subject to discharge under the right circumstances.
Federal appellate court holds telecommuting was not a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
- Employment Liability
- Labor Law
- Employment Discrimination
- Human Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Wage & Hour
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Employment Agreement
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Regulatory Law
- OSHA Issues
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Department of Justice
- National Labor Relations Act
- Title VII
- Hostile Work Environment
- Business Risk Management
- Noncompete Agreements
- Sick Leave
- Workplace Harassment
- Medicare Issues
- Minimum Wage
- National Labor Relations Board
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- Transgender Issues
- Unemployment Benefits
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Social Media
- Class Actions
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- DOJ Issues Guidance on ADA, Opioid Crisis Issues
- Congress Passes Law, With Retroactive Effect, to Invalidate Forced Arbitration Provisions at the Employee’s Election
- U.S. Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Implementation of Vaccine Requirement for Large Businesses
- Contractual Limitations Periods STILL Alive and Well... on job Applications!
- Federal Appellate Court Takes Brakes Off COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Employers: Hang on for Another Spin Around the Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Stray Comments can Lead to Employer Liability
- President Biden's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Face Uncertain Future
- Employment Noncompete Agreements Enforced Badly
- Feds Release New COVID-19 Vaccination Rules for Large Employers, Medicare/Medicaid Providers