Court allows class action case to proceed against Ford Motor over claim that company’s online job portal is too difficult for applicants with disabilities to navigate.
To avoid legal quagmires, employers must understand the differences between federal and Michigan law regarding employees claiming disabilities.
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Check out the EEOC's new quick-read pamphlet for employers that provides helpful information and links to important Internet content.
Pregnant employee refusing FMLA leave can be subject to discharge under the right circumstances.
Federal appellate court holds telecommuting was not a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Wage & Hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Hostile Work Environment
- Employment Agreement
- Transgender Issues
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations