Department of Labor takes another stab at issuing proposed new rules to address the salary threshold for “white collar” exemptions.
DOL revives practice of issuing opinion letters to employers with recent guidance addressing travel time and break periods under FMLA.
Employers should consider all the ramifications before taking part in the Department of Labor’s pilot PAID program.
Trump administration filed appeal of Texas district court’s decision in effort to preserve DOL’s right to set salary threshold for exempt employees.
Texas court strikes down Obama-era overtime rule that more than doubled the threshold salary for exempt employees.
Recent guidance from Department of Labor under Trump administration finally provides some good news for employers.
Presidential directive to Department of Labor could impact retirement plans offered by employers.
Employers must adhere to new DOL requirements for electronic reporting, encouraging more employee involvement in incident reporting and appropriate use of post-injury drug testing.
New DOL regulations to dramatically change minimum compensation for exempt employees beginning Dec. 1.
Recent DOL case resolution a reminder to employers that failure to correctly classify individuals as independent contractors or exempt employees could result in expensive class action litigation.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Wage & Hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Hostile Work Environment
- Employment Agreement
- Transgender Issues
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations