Department of Labor opinion letter serves as reminder to employers that non-discretionary bonuses impact overtime pay calculations.
Fate of Michigan’s citizen-initiated paid medical leave and minimum wage laws now rests with state’s Supreme Court.
The Michigan Legislature is giving this author flashbacks over a challenge to its own lame duck amendments to citizen-led legislation providing for paid sick time and the state’s minimum wage.
Employers Beware: Michigan Legislature adopts ballot proposals concerning minimum wage and paid sick leave.
Michigan minimum wage employees get boost in pay beginning on Jan. 1.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Sick Leave
- Minimum Wage
- Regulatory Law
- Title VII
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- National Labor Relations Board
- Employment Agreement
- Retail Liability
- Transgender Issues
- OSHA Issues
- Emergency Information
- Workers' Compensation
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications
- The Constantly Changing Coronavirus Landscape and its Effects on Michigan Employers
- Management May Face Claims Under RICO For Wage Violations
- Not the Employer? You May Still be Liable!
- Are you Handling Accommodations Correctly Under the ADA?
- Labor Department Issues Additional Guidance on Families First Cornavirus Response Act Implementation
- Labor Department Provides Families First Coronavirus Response Act Guidance