Department of Labor opinion letter serves as reminder to employers that non-discretionary bonuses impact overtime pay calculations.
Fate of Michigan’s citizen-initiated paid medical leave and minimum wage laws now rests with state’s Supreme Court.
The Michigan Legislature is giving this author flashbacks over a challenge to its own lame duck amendments to citizen-led legislation providing for paid sick time and the state’s minimum wage.
Employers Beware: Michigan Legislature adopts ballot proposals concerning minimum wage and paid sick leave.
Michigan minimum wage employees get boost in pay beginning on Jan. 1.
- Employment Liability
- Human Resources
- Labor Law
- Employment Agreement
- Employment Discrimination
- Medicare Issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Regulatory Law
- Wage & Hour
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- OSHA Issues
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Business Risk Management
- Noncompete Agreements
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII
- National Labor Relations Act
- Sick Leave
- Workplace Harassment
- Minimum Wage
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- National Labor Relations Board
- Unemployment Benefits
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Social Media
- Class Actions
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Implementation of Vaccine Requirement for Large Businesses
- Contractual Limitations Periods STILL Alive and Well... on job Applications!
- Federal Appellate Court Takes Brakes Off COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Employers: Hang on for Another Spin Around the Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Stray Comments can Lead to Employer Liability
- President Biden's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Face Uncertain Future
- Employment Noncompete Agreements Enforced Badly
- Feds Release New COVID-19 Vaccination Rules for Large Employers, Medicare/Medicaid Providers
- The Challenge of Wage Claims Under the Equal Pay Act
- Was the bar for Actionable Federal Discrimination Claims Just Lowered?