Employers should proceed with caution when dealing with employee leaves and other issues under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), especially those operating in the health care industry.
SPECIAL ALERT: Employers must review this additional U.S. Department of Labor guidance regarding implementation of the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
The Department of Labor has issued guidance on the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
Employer avoids slicing this FMLA abuse claim out of bounds by hiring private investigator.
Fate of Michigan’s citizen-initiated paid medical leave and minimum wage laws now rests with state’s Supreme Court.
- Employment Liability
- Human Resources
- Labor Law
- Employment Agreement
- Employment Discrimination
- Medicare Issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Regulatory Law
- Wage & Hour
- OSHA Issues
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Business Risk Management
- Noncompete Agreements
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII
- National Labor Relations Act
- Sick Leave
- Workplace Harassment
- Minimum Wage
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- National Labor Relations Board
- Unemployment Benefits
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Social Media
- Class Actions
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Implementation of Vaccine Requirement for Large Businesses
- Contractual Limitations Periods STILL Alive and Well... on job Applications!
- Federal Appellate Court Takes Brakes Off COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Employers: Hang on for Another Spin Around the Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Stray Comments can Lead to Employer Liability
- President Biden's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Face Uncertain Future
- Employment Noncompete Agreements Enforced Badly
- Feds Release New COVID-19 Vaccination Rules for Large Employers, Medicare/Medicaid Providers
- The Challenge of Wage Claims Under the Equal Pay Act
- Was the bar for Actionable Federal Discrimination Claims Just Lowered?