Appellate court rules in published decision that even a perceived minor job condition change like a location transfer closer to the plaintiff’s home could be evidence of retaliation by employer.
Policies are great but employers must ensure manager and HR compliance in order to present a solid defense to employee discrimination claims.
In a real game changer for employers and employees, a recent federal court ruling disavows application of the tender back rule to employment cases under Title VII and the Equal Pay Act.
Federal appellate court's ruling that Title VII prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation sets stage for showdown in U.S. Supreme Court.
The EEOC has issued a new Fact Sheet addressing bathroom access rights for transgender employees.
Employer learns lesson the hard way… firing an employee because of his “tone of voice” can be direct evidence of retaliation!
EEOC action emphasizes enforcement of Title VII protections for transgender employees allegedly discriminated against in the workplace.
- Employment Liability
- Labor Law
- Employment Discrimination
- Human Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Wage & Hour
- Employment Agreement
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Regulatory Law
- OSHA Issues
- Department of Justice
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- National Labor Relations Act
- Title VII
- Business Risk Management
- Noncompete Agreements
- Sick Leave
- Medicare Issues
- Workplace Harassment
- Minimum Wage
- National Labor Relations Board
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- Transgender Issues
- Unemployment Benefits
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Social Media
- Class Actions
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Tax Law
- Title IX
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- DOJ Issues Guidance on ADA, Opioid Crisis Issues
- Congress Passes Law, With Retroactive Effect, to Invalidate Forced Arbitration Provisions at the Employee’s Election
- U.S. Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Implementation of Vaccine Requirement for Large Businesses
- Contractual Limitations Periods STILL Alive and Well... on job Applications!
- Federal Appellate Court Takes Brakes Off COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Employers: Hang on for Another Spin Around the Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Stray Comments can Lead to Employer Liability
- President Biden's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Face Uncertain Future
- Employment Noncompete Agreements Enforced Badly
- Feds Release New COVID-19 Vaccination Rules for Large Employers, Medicare/Medicaid Providers