EEOC and Justice Department locked in clash of titans battle over discrimination protections for LGBTQ employees.
Appellate court rules Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects transgender employees from discrimination by employers in the workplace.
Employers can learn valuable lessons from a recent ruling by Michigan appellate court involving a plaintiff’s complaint concerning a transgender woman’s use of a women’s locker room.
The EEOC has issued a new Fact Sheet addressing bathroom access rights for transgender employees.
EEOC action emphasizes enforcement of Title VII protections for transgender employees allegedly discriminated against in the workplace.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Wage & Hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Employment Agreement
- Hostile Work Environment
- Transgender Issues
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations