Employers with “wellness plans” understand the concern of running afoul of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, not to mention “HIPAA” (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Well, help is now available from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which recently issued a sample notice for employer sponsored wellness programs.
New rules published on May 17, 2016, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), require employers that offer wellness programs to inform employees about what information will be collected, how it will be used, who will receive it, and what will be done to keep it confidential.
Click here to review the EEOC's sample wellness program notice.
- Senior Attorney
An attorney in the firm’s Detroit office, Claudia D. Orr exclusively represents and advises employers and management in employment and labor law matters.
Ms. Orr's clients include Fortune 500 companies, local governments ...
Add a comment
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Employment Liability
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Labor Law
- Sick Leave
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Human Resources
- Wage & Hour
- Employment Agreement
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- Non-compete Agreements
- Social Media
- Minimum Wage
- Title VII
- Regulatory Law
- National Labor Relations Board
- Transgender Issues
- Retail Liability
- OSHA Issues
- Emergency Information
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Workers' Compensation
- Business Risk Management
- Workplace Harassment
- Class Actions
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- DOL Issues Partially Revised Regulations Regarding Paid Sick Leave Under FFCRA
- Grieving the Loss of the Company’s Social Media Accounts
- New Federal Employee Leave Laws – the Confusion That Keeps on Coming
- 8 (no, Make it 7) Hiring Lessons Learned at University
- Masks and Testing Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Michigan Issues New COVID-19 Return to Work Rules With Enforceable Workplace Standards
- Michigan’s Shelter in Place Continues Through May 15, With Modifications
- The Constantly Changing Coronavirus Landscape and its Effects on Michigan Employers
- Management May Face Claims Under RICO For Wage Violations
- Not the Employer? You May Still be Liable!