U.S. Department of Education issues proposed Title IX guidelines that significantly impact educational institutions’ Title IX obligations and liability.
Employers must take care to understand potential business tax implications before settling an employment claim.
EEOC and Justice Department locked in clash of titans battle over discrimination protections for LGBTQ employees.
To avoid legal quagmires, employers must understand the differences between federal and Michigan law regarding employees claiming disabilities.
In a potential win for employers, proposed NLRB rule would again impose more stringent test on joint employer relationships.
Carefully-worded agreements and bonus programs are among the best tools for employers to manage compensation for sales staff.
Employers Beware: Michigan Legislature adopts ballot proposals concerning minimum wage and paid sick leave.
Employers could gain advantage in potential wage claims by utilizing individual arbitration agreements.
In a real game changer for employers and employees, a recent federal court ruling disavows application of the tender back rule to employment cases under Title VII and the Equal Pay Act.
Appellate court ruling in federal civil rights case highlights need for employers to manage strategy, documentation and potential witnesses in delicate employment situations.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Labor Law
- Human Resources
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Wage & Hour
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Hostile Work Environment
- Employment Agreement
- Transgender Issues
- Title VII
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Minimum Wage
- Class Actions
- Workplace Harassment
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Does Your Company’s Employment Application Process Violate the ADA?
- Let me Tell You What I Just Heard…
- If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try... Try... Again
- URGENT UPDATE on Contractual Limitations Periods
- Does Your Company Require Employees to Accept a Shortened Contractual Limitations Period?
- Changes in Michigan law Require Employee Handbook Updates – NOW!
- Employer Delivers Potential Whistleblower Claim Victory to Employee… With A Bow!
- Wellness Plan Rules Under Attack
- Michigan Governor Signs Paid Medical Leave, Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Acts
- ‘Tis the Season for Religious Accommodations