U.S. Supreme Court rules in National Federation of Independent Business v. OSHA and Biden v. Missouri regarding federal employer and Medicare/Medicaid provider employee vaccination requirements.
If your job applications don’t include a six-month limitations period, it should or you could face unnecessary liability like this employer.
Federal appellate court allows COVID-19 vaccine mandate to proceed for large employers, CMS providers.
With appeals to federal COVID-19 vaccination mandates heating up, CMS employers would do well to prepare vaccination policies in anticipation of possible regulatory enforcement actions.
Employers should take action whenever stray comments arise in the workplace about age, race or other protected classes.
Court challenges could derail federal COVID-19 vaccine requirements for employers.
Employers should carefully consider which employees should be bound by non-compete agreements or at least consider selectively enforcing them only against departing employees who can adversely impact the business.
Biden administration announces new COVID-19 vaccination requirements for large employers, providers of Medicare and Medicaid health care services.
Unlike Title VII, the federal Equal Pay Act shifts the burden of proof to employers to prove a nondiscriminatory reason for pay difference.
Appellate court’s ruling appears to have made it easier to bring employment discrimination claims under federal law.
- Employment Liability
- Human Resources
- Labor Law
- Employment Agreement
- Employment Discrimination
- Medicare Issues
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Regulatory Law
- Wage & Hour
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- OSHA Issues
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Business Risk Management
- Noncompete Agreements
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Title VII
- National Labor Relations Act
- Sick Leave
- Workplace Harassment
- Minimum Wage
- Paid Medical Leave Act (PMLA)
- Workers' Compensation
- National Labor Relations Board
- Unemployment Benefits
- Transgender Issues
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Sexual Harassment
- Civil Rights
- Social Media
- Class Actions
- Retail Liability
- Emergency Information
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Department of Education (DOE)
- Title IX
- Tax Law
- Medical Marijuana
- Right to Work
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Union Organizing & Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court Temporarily Blocks Implementation of Vaccine Requirement for Large Businesses
- Contractual Limitations Periods STILL Alive and Well... on job Applications!
- Federal Appellate Court Takes Brakes Off COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Employers: Hang on for Another Spin Around the Vaccine Mandate Carousel
- Stray Comments can Lead to Employer Liability
- President Biden's COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Face Uncertain Future
- Employment Noncompete Agreements Enforced Badly
- Feds Release New COVID-19 Vaccination Rules for Large Employers, Medicare/Medicaid Providers
- The Challenge of Wage Claims Under the Equal Pay Act
- Was the bar for Actionable Federal Discrimination Claims Just Lowered?