This month's edition of our Michigan Shop Talk focuses on nine No Fault auto liability cases of note.
Michigan Court of Appeals gets set to review constitutionality of auto No-Fault reform legislation.
National campaign reminds drivers that driving distracted could cost you and others on the road.
Michigan Court of Appeals ruling appears to be a game changer for the defense of medical provider claims under state’s No-Fault statute.
What is the amount of wage-loss benefits allowed under the Michigan No-Fault Act?
Michigan Supreme Court rules that, under certain circumstances, No-Fault insurers may not avoid payment of mandatory PIP benefits even if fraud is involved.
Investigating a plaintiff’s prior suits may reveal contrary positions barring a claim through judicial estoppel.
Following major overhaul of state's PIP auto insurance, Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association slashes 2020-2021 assessments.
Effective July 1, Michigan auto insurance rates will increase by $28 per vehicle for state’s catastrophic injury fund.
Appellate Court upholds grant of summary disposition in a PIP no-fault case involving an injury at a gasoline pump.
Michigan motorists face higher gas tax and fees for annual license plate renewals.
Supreme Court ruling clears path for plaintiffs to claim additional bodily injury damages in municipal vehicle liability cases.
Appellate court upholds grant of summary disposition in fraudulent PIP and uninsured motorist case.
Appellate court rules tricking out your ride could change its classification as a motor vehicle.
Appellate court’s ruling blurs applicability of res judicata in Michigan to uninsured motorist claims after prior no-fault suit
What is the Medicare Secondary Payment Act and why is important in the litigation context? This post provides a breakdown of the basics.
Appellate court affirms ruling that no-fault insurance benefits are unavailable to plaintiff who allowed policy to be cancelled on same day as motor vehicle accident.
- No Fault Liability
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Fraud Activity
- Auto Liability
- Trucking Liability
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Premises Liability
- Cargo Liability
- Judicial Estoppel
- Retail Liability
- Driver Exclusion
- insurance policy
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Court Clarifies New Tolling Provision of Michigan No-Fault Act
- Appellate Court Affirms Dismissal of MAIPF Claimant’s No-Fault Action Based on Fraudulent Attendant Care Forms
- Appellate Court Rules 2019 Michigan No-Fault Law Amendments Not Retroactive, Violate State’s Constitution
- Shop Talk – July Auto Liability Update
- Appellate Court Rules No-Fault Policy Can't be Coordinated With Health Care Ministry Program
- Michigan Court of Appeals Reaffirms Assignor’s Settlement of No-Fault Benefits is Binding on Assignees Unless Insurer Receives Notice of Assignment
- Shop Talk - June Auto Liability Update
- Michigan Court of Appeals to Hear Oral Argument on Constitutionality of No-Fault Reform
- Effective Framing of Medical Records can Disprove Threshold Injuries in Transportation Litigation
- Don’t Text, Just Drive – Distracted Driving Awareness Month