Michigan appellate court reaffirms one year back rule, rejects healthcare provider “Consent to Treat Forms” as assignments of rights.
Effective July 1, Michigan auto insurance rates will increase by $28 per vehicle for state’s catastrophic injury fund.
Michigan takes legislative lead on curbing the use of electronic devices by motorists.
Appellate Court upholds grant of summary disposition in a PIP no-fault case involving an injury at a gasoline pump.
Michigan motorists face higher gas tax and fees for annual license plate renewals.
Supreme Court ruling clears path for plaintiffs to claim additional bodily injury damages in municipal vehicle liability cases.
Appellate court upholds grant of summary disposition in fraudulent PIP and uninsured motorist case.
Michigan appellate court considers whether "sudden emergency" doctrine applies to case where the driver's excessive speed contributed to the emergency situation.
Insurers should consider how the implications of the one-year back rule in Michigan PIP cases could limit their ability to seek reimbursement from other carriers
Did the driver's actions create an "unreasonable risk" to others in this trucking liability case?
Appellate court rules tricking out your ride could change its classification as a motor vehicle.
Appellate court’s ruling blurs applicability of res judicata in Michigan to uninsured motorist claims after prior no-fault suit
What is the Medicare Secondary Payment Act and why is important in the litigation context? This post provides a breakdown of the basics.
Appellate court affirms ruling that no-fault insurance benefits are unavailable to plaintiff who allowed policy to be cancelled on same day as motor vehicle accident.
Of the most populace motorcycle states in the country, only Michigan motorcyclists enjoy no-fault benefits from the involved motor vehicle first, regardless of fault.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- No Fault Liability
- Fraud Activity
- Auto Liability
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Trucking Liability
- Cargo Liability
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Premises Liability
- Appellate Court Upholds Dismissal of Vacationer’s PIP Claims for Fraud
- Court Reaffirms One Year Back Rule, Rejects Use of Consent to Treat Forms as Assignments
- Once Again, More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Don't Tweet and Drive!
- Michigan Tells Motorists to Move Over for Emergency Personnel
- Injury at Gas Pump not Covered by Michigan No-Fault
- More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Only Named Party May File a Direct Claim Against Carrier
- Judicial Estoppel/Standing: A Power Tool for Your Risk Management Toolbox
- Can Grow America Act Deal With Challenges of Aging, Underfunded Transportation System?