Proposed legislation could fundamentally change the adjusting process for first and third party motor vehicle liability claims brought in Michigan.
National campaign reminds drivers that driving distracted could cost you and others on the road.
With U.S. tort litigation continuing to climb to historic levels, arbitration may offer insurance providers lower costs, better venue option for resolving claims.
Investigating a plaintiff’s prior suits may reveal contrary positions barring a claim through judicial estoppel.
Michigan appellate court reaffirms one year back rule, rejects healthcare provider “Consent to Treat Forms” as assignments of rights.
Michigan motorists face higher gas tax and fees for annual license plate renewals.
If you’re not listed on the bill of lading, you may not have standing to be listed on the complaint under Carmack Amendment.
Did the driver's actions create an "unreasonable risk" to others in this trucking liability case?
What is the Medicare Secondary Payment Act and why is important in the litigation context? This post provides a breakdown of the basics.
Employers with Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) licensed employees need to know the six types of required alcohol and controlled substance testing.
- No Fault Liability
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Auto Liability
- Civil Litigation
- Trucking Liability
- Appellate Law
- Fraud Activity
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Premises Liability
- Cargo Liability
- Judicial Estoppel
- Retail Liability
- Driver Exclusion
- insurance policy
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Post-Judgement Collection Techniques for Insurers
- Are Case Evaluation Sanctions Gone Baby, Gone?
- Michigan No-Fault Act Requires Diligent and Timely Action by all Parties
- Michigan Supreme Court Rules 2019 No-Fault Act Amendments not Retroactive
- No-Fault Litigation Utilization Reviews are Certainly no Vulcan Mind Trick
- Appellate Court Rules Medical Providers Cannot Revoke Assignments During No-Fault Litigation
- Is Rescission the DeLorean of No-Fault Litigation?
- Protecting Insureds or Complicating Michigan Claims Adjusting?
- Choices: Applying Tousignant to a PPO Policy
- Michigan Steps up Efforts to Police Auto Liability Insurance Fraud