Investigating a plaintiff’s prior suits may reveal contrary positions barring a claim through judicial estoppel.
Michigan appellate court reaffirms one year back rule, rejects healthcare provider “Consent to Treat Forms” as assignments of rights.
Michigan motorists face higher gas tax and fees for annual license plate renewals.
If you’re not listed on the bill of lading, you may not have standing to be listed on the complaint under Carmack Amendment.
Did the driver's actions create an "unreasonable risk" to others in this trucking liability case?
What is the Medicare Secondary Payment Act and why is important in the litigation context? This post provides a breakdown of the basics.
Employers with Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) licensed employees need to know the six types of required alcohol and controlled substance testing.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- No Fault Liability
- Auto Liability
- Trucking Liability
- Premises Liability
- Judicial Estoppel
- Retail Liability
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Driver Exclusion
- insurance policy
- Fraud Activity
- Cargo Liability
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Truck Driver’s Bodily Injury Claim barred by his Bankruptcy Case
- Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association Slashes 2020-2021 Fee Assessments
- What the No-Fault Act Giveth the No-Fault Act can Taketh Away
- Appellate Court Upholds Dismissal of Vacationer’s PIP Claims for Fraud
- Court Reaffirms One Year Back Rule, Rejects Use of Consent to Treat Forms as Assignments
- Once Again, More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Don't Tweet and Drive!
- Michigan Tells Motorists to Move Over for Emergency Personnel
- Injury at Gas Pump not Covered by Michigan No-Fault
- More Fees for Michigan Drivers