Supreme Court ruling clears path for plaintiffs to claim additional bodily injury damages in municipal vehicle liability cases.
Appellate court upholds grant of summary disposition in fraudulent PIP and uninsured motorist case.
Michigan appellate court considers whether "sudden emergency" doctrine applies to case where the driver's excessive speed contributed to the emergency situation.
Insurers should consider how the implications of the one-year back rule in Michigan PIP cases could limit their ability to seek reimbursement from other carriers
Did the driver's actions create an "unreasonable risk" to others in this trucking liability case?
Appellate court rules tricking out your ride could change its classification as a motor vehicle.
Environmental issues won't hamper plans to construct a new bridge between the U.S. and Canada, according to a recent ruling by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Appellate court’s ruling blurs applicability of res judicata in Michigan to uninsured motorist claims after prior no-fault suit
What is the Medicare Secondary Payment Act and why is important in the litigation context? This post provides a breakdown of the basics.
Employers with Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) licensed employees need to know the six types of required alcohol and controlled substance testing.
SubscribeRSS Plunkett Cooney LinkedIn Page Plunkett Cooney Twitter Page Plunkett Cooney Facebook Page
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Fraud Activity
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- No Fault Liability
- Auto Liability
- Trucking Liability
- Cargo Liability
- Risk Management
- Public Policy
- Governmental Immunity
- Environmental Legislation
- Environmental Regulation
- Medicare Issues
- Premises Liability
- Appellate Court Upholds Dismissal of Vacationer’s PIP Claims for Fraud
- Court Reaffirms One Year Back Rule, Rejects Use of Consent to Treat Forms as Assignments
- Once Again, More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Don't Tweet and Drive!
- Michigan Tells Motorists to Move Over for Emergency Personnel
- Injury at Gas Pump not Covered by Michigan No-Fault
- More Fees for Michigan Drivers
- Only Named Party May File a Direct Claim Against Carrier
- Judicial Estoppel/Standing: A Power Tool for Your Risk Management Toolbox
- Can Grow America Act Deal With Challenges of Aging, Underfunded Transportation System?