- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Liability
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Human Resources
- Labor Law
- Minimum Wage
- National Labor Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Board
- Right to Work
- Title VII
- Union Organizing & Relations
- Wage & Hour
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- Workplace Harassment
- Appellate Court ‘Labors’ Over Collective Bargaining, Right to Work Rulings
- Employer’s Well-Played Pre-Termination Strategy Results in Favorable Ruling
- A Fibber and Two Dismissals
- Same-Actor Defense Panned by Appellate Court in Direct Evidence of Stereotyping Case
- Michigan's Increased Minimum Wage Rate Takes Effect
- Are You Prepared for the New FLSA Regulations?
- Appellate Court Rules Licensed Attorney is a 'Public Body' Under Michigan Whistleblowers’ Protection Act
- Sample Notice for Wellness Programs and New Retaliation Guidance
- Revised OSHA Regs Tackle Electronic Reporting, More Employee Involvement, Drug Testing
EEOC Issues 'Sample' Wellness Program Notice
EEOC publishes sample notice to help businesses offering employer-sponsored wellness plans to comply with employee notice rules.
Employers with “wellness plans” understand the concern of running afoul of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, not to mention “HIPAA” (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Well, help is now available from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which recently issued a sample notice for employer sponsored wellness programs.
New rules published on May 17, 2016, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), require employers that offer wellness programs to inform employees about what information will be collected, how it will be used, who will receive it, and what will be done to keep it confidential.
Click here to review the EEOC's sample wellness program notice.Tags: Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), Employment Liability, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)