Litigation Attorney - Chicago, IL
Position: Litigation Attorney
Location: Chicago, IL
Plunkett Cooney, one of the largest and most accomplished law firms in the Midwest, is seeking a Litigation Attorney to join our Chicago, IL office.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced and versatile attorney, with a client-centric philosophy, and who has demonstrated an ability to compete and prosper in complex environments.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in state and federal civil and general litigation
- Deposition experience
- Expert witness discovery experience
- Electronically Stored Information (ESI) discovery experience
- Trial experience preferred
- Experience in auto negligence, premises liability or general negligence matters, and general insurance liability
- Experience in insurance coverage preferred
- Excellent research, legal brief writing and communication skills
- Experience writing and arguing motions in court
- Experience drafting and responding to discovery requests
- Working knowledge of Illinois Court Rules and Rules of Evidence
- Working knowledge of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Rules of Evidence
- Proficiency with conducting remote depositions
- Comfort level with learning new computer software
- Portable book of business preferred
- Degree from an ABA-accredited law school, and
- Member in good standing and active in the Illinois Bar
We are seeking a well-rounded, dynamic, highly motivated lawyer, who has demonstrated an ability to compete and prosper in highly competitive and complex environments with significant client contact. Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills are required. Flexible work arrangements, including remote work options, are welcome.
Interested candidates should their submit resumes and writing samples to https://plunkettcooney.isolvedhire.com/jobs/.