Since 1913, Plunkett Cooney has had the distinct privilege of representing a growing and diverse family of clients. Today, our practice has expanded to include offices in eight Michigan cities, Chicago, Illinois, Indianapolis, Indiana and Columbus, Ohio. This network allows us to offer a full range of legal services and to effectively and efficiently represent our clients across a large geographic area.
The years that established our hard-earned reputation as aggressive civil litigators fostered our goal of becoming a full service law firm. Plunkett Cooney is proud to be one of the largest law firms in the Midwest with the ability to serve our clients throughout the country.
Below are a number of noteworthy assignments that illustrate the ability of our attorneys to obtain the right results for our clients, whether that means trying to a case until conclusion, negotiating a complex deal or repairing bad law through the appellate process.
- Challenging plaintiff’s choice of jurisdiction leads to case dismissal
- Clients save millions in defense of commercial lease dispute
- Defense jury verdict exonerates deceased PWC operator, saving insurers millions
- Firm assists Valassis in obtaining $500 million settlement with News America
- Firm Helps Complete Detroit's Historic 'Grand Bargain'
- Firm Helps Restore Michigan's Medical Liability Tort Reform
- Firm preserves client’s right of early termination of commercial lease
- Firm successfully defends Freedom of Information Act case which is upheld by Michigan Supreme Court
- Firm tackles international issues with assistance from law firm network
- Insurer recovers $1.7 million in catastrophic no-fault benefit payments from state
- Plunkett Cooney freezes attempt by competitor to capitalize on popular 'Moose Tracks®' name
- Plunkett Cooney helps municipality preserve environment along Lake Michigan's coastline