Diversity Track RecordPDF
Milestones & Honors
While Plunkett Cooney celebrates a number of achievements in diversity, we still have work to do in order to create a truly inclusive environment within the firm. Noted below are highlights of some of our accomplishments. Our diversity effort continues with enthusiasm.
- Firm names partner Laurel McGiffert its first Director of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly names Elaine Pohl among its 2018 Women in the Law.
- National Law Journal names Plunkett Cooney among the top law firms nationally for female diversity for third consecutive year.
- Ohio Diversity Council honors Plunkett Cooney's Christina Corl as one of Ohio's "Most Powerful & Influential Women."
- Plunkett Cooney attorneys among featured speakers at inaugural Fiat Chrysler Black Supplier Forum
- National Law Journal names Plunkett Cooney among the top law firms nationally for female diversity for second consecutive year.
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly names Carolyn Jereck among its featured "Women in the Law" for 2016.
- National Law Journal names Plunkett Cooney among the top law firms nationally for female diversity.
- Laurel McGiffert named by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as one of the 2015 "Women in the Law."
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly names Ellen Jannette among its 2013 "Women in the Law."
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar creates the Mary Massaron Award for the Advancement of Women in the Profession.
- National Law Journal ranks Plunkett Cooney 13th out of 250 of the nation's law firms for the highest percentage of female equity partners (22.35%)
- Audrey Forbush named among the Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2012 "Women in the Law"
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly names Mary Massaron to its "Women in the Law" class of '09.
- First female African American elected to firm’s board of directors
- Multicultural Law magazine names Plunkett Cooney to its list of "Top Law Firms for Diversity" in 2008.
- First African American elected to firm’s board of directors
- First African American practice group leader named
- Mandatory diversity training for all employees
- Plunkett Cooney launches Women’s Initiative for attorney development
- First female elected chair of firm’s board of directors
- Firm chairman among featured corporate leaders at Thomas M. Cooley Law School panel discussion
on diversity in the legal profession
- MultiCultural Law Magazine names Plunkett Cooney among its Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity
- Firm issues first formal diversity plan
- Board of directors approves firm’s diversity statement
- Diversity committee formed
- First female department leader named
- Firm publishes its professional objectives among which the firm states that it “will be vigilant to recruit the finest professional staff based upon merit, talent and ability. In that process, we will bring to our firm men and women of diverse racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds.”
- First female African American shareholder named
- First female shareholder named office managing attorney
- First African American shareholder named
- First female attorney promoted to shareholder
- First African American attorney hired