Plunkett Cooney named to research firm’s ‘Client Service A-Team’
Plunkett Cooney, one of the Midwest’s oldest and largest law firms, was recently named by a national research company to its 2009 "Client Service A-Team," based on direct feedback from satisfied clients.
Plunkett Cooney was among 252 law firms in the country identified by clients participating in the eighth annual BTI Consulting Group client service survey, which identified law firms that were mentioned unprompted by clients when asked to identify their most trusted legal services providers.
“This is a testament to the excellent work and dedication of our attorneys and staff,” said Henry B. Cooney, President and CEO of Plunkett Cooney. “To receive positive comments from our clients is one thing, but to be named among some of the top law firms in the country for service is really a noteworthy accomplishment.”
In preparing its Client Service A-Team report, BTI asked corporate counsel to identify law firms that performed exceptionally well with respect to 17 different service characteristics. Plunkett Cooney was mentioned unprompted in seven of the key service categories, including:
- Exceptional client focus - puts clients needs first; understands client's business; responds timely; delivers good value; and achieves client's goals
- Commitment to help - assessed at every level of relationship from business development phase to closing matters
- Providing value - communicates outcomes in client friendly terms like time saved or costs avoided; suggests strategies to reduce risk, better track compliance or reduce litigation reserves; and uses client's metrics to measure value
- Communications - bolster client loyalty by letting clients know they are at the forefront of your mind and by providing timely proactive information of value to their business
- National resources - ability to draw on personnel and offices nationally to provide services in cities and industries important to clients
- Quality - demonstrating a clear understanding of clients' business strategies, legal needs and expectations
- Meeting technical specifications - compliance with client imposed guidelines and meeting deadlines
Headquartered in Wellesley, Massachusetts, BTI Consulting Group is a leading provider of strategic market research to law firms and professional services firms. BTI is comprised of management consultants, analysts and strategists who provide independent and unbiased advice and recommendations.
Plunkett Cooney was established in 1913 and maintains offices in nine Michigan cities and one each in Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm employs 320 people, including 150 attorneys, many of whom are nationally known experts in their field. The firm has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms.
In addition to BTI’s Client Service A-Team designation, Plunkett Cooney has received several other recent honors including acknowledgment by the Detroit Free Press as one of its “Top Workplaces” for 2008, designation by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as one of its “21st Century Innovators” and recognition by the Michigan Business & Professional Association as one of its “101 Best & Brightest Places to Work For” in 2008.
For more information about Plunkett Cooney named the BTI 2009 Client Service A-Team, contact the firm’s Practice Development Manager, John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008.
– End –