Christie A. King is a senior attorney in Plunkett Cooney’s Indianapolis office and a member of the firm’s Torts & Litigation Practice Group.
With numerous jury and bench trials to her credit in state and federal courts, Ms. King maintains a wide-ranging litigation practice with expertise in the defense of premises liability, motor vehicle liability, wrongful death, medical malpractice and insurance coverage claims. She also has extensive experience resolving disputes involving construction law, business torts, subrogation, workers compensation and professional liability.
Ms. King, who is an accomplished appellate attorney, is a member of the Indiana State Bar and Indianapolis Bar associations. She is also active in the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana.
Representative Client Work
- Served as first chair attorney and successfully defended numerous first- and third-party automobile liability claims to verdict
- Successfully settled high-liability exposure cases through informal negotiation, arbitration and mediation
- Provided pre-litigation and post-litigation claims-stage advice to insurers and defended insurers in coverage litigation
- Successfully defended retailers and property owners against premises liability claims via dispositive motion and trial
- Obtained summary judgment for clients on numerous matters, including insurance coverage litigation and third-party automobile and premises liability claims
- Successfully represented and defended medical providers, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and registered nurses, in the Indiana Medical Review Panel process and in state court
- Successfully appealed state court’s granting of motion for failure to mediate in good faith in third-party automobile liability case
- Obtained directed verdict in “common enemy doctrine” surface water litigation
- Defended national insurance companies and their insureds in a variety of other matters, including workers’ compensation, subrogation claims, construction liability, trucking liability, commercial liability and contractual disputes
Indiana State Bar Association
Indianapolis Bar Association
Defense Trial Counsel Institution
DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
Areas of Practice
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Indiana University - Bloomington, B.A., 1990
- Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1998