James E. Grendell is a senior attorney in the firm’s Columbus office and a member of the Real Estate Litigation & Title Insurance Practice Group. Mr. Grendell focuses his practice in the areas of real estate law, business law and title insurance litigation.
For more than a decade, Mr. Grendell has worked with clients across the state of Ohio. His litigation practice includes commercial loan workouts, easement and pipeline matters, receiverships, defense of consumer litigation, disputes involving mortgage repurchase agreements, as well as contract and residential real estate disputes. His expertise also includes matters involving unregulated securities, private equity and qualified investing in alignment with Securities and Exchange Commission regulations.
- DiFranco v First Energy Corp. 134 Ohio St.3d 144 (2012)
- In re: A.W., 2013-Ohio-909
Representative Client Work
- Handled $2 million to $12 million transactional investments for real estate private investors for more than two years, during COVID pandemic, leading clients through 1031 exchange, paperwork and zoning compliance
- Worked with out-of-state clients to ensure local property managers were fulfilling contractual obligations involving oversight of multi-tenant properties, which involved personal injury claims associated with the property being mismanaged and falling into disrepair
- Ohio State Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2011
- John Carroll University, B.A., 2008
- Ohio, 2011