Kelli L. Baker is a partner in Plunkett Cooney’s Grand Rapids Office, who has particular expertise in the areas of loan workouts, loan origination, title insurance and cannabis law.
Before returning to Michigan in 1997, Ms. Baker practiced law in Orange County, California, focusing her practice in the areas of medical malpractice, construction defect and general liability.
Today, Ms. Baker represents a growing list of financial institutions as a member of the firm's Banking, Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group. She is also a member of Plunkett Cooney Real Estate & Title Insurance Practice Group and the firm's Cannabis Industry Group.
Representative Client Work
- Routinely drafts loan documents for multi-million dollar commercial loan transactions
- Successful representation of several national lending institutions in commercial loan workout matters involving loans in excess of $1,000,000
- Successful representation of title insurance underwriters in agent defalcation matters
- Conducts residential and commercial foreclosures for several local and national lending institutions
- Successfully represented national lending institutions in fraud-related title matters
- Track record of successfully collecting millions of dollars on behalf of several clients
- Represents cannabis businesses.
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association of West Michigan
- California Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan - Real Property Law, Marijuana Law sections
- Family Promise of Grand Rapids
Areas of Practice
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D., 1991
- Indiana University, B.A., 1987
- California, 1991
- Michigan, 1993
Honors & Recognitions
- Dean’s List
- American Jurisprudence Award – Evidence
- Cannabiz Law Blog, 07.27.2021