An attorney in Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills office, Joshua LaBar is a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice Group.
Mr. LaBar represents major property and casualty insurance companies in coverage cases throughout the Midwest. His practice involves a variety of issues, including environmental contamination, construction defect, professional liability, and high-exposure product liability claims, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. LaBar worked as a judicial law clerk to Justice Stephen J. Markman of the Michigan Supreme Court and to Judge Thomas C. Cameron of the Michigan Court of Appeals.
A 2016 summa cum laude graduate from Michigan State University College of Law, Mr. LaBar received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan-Flint in 2012.
- State Bar of Michigan
A Lender’s Vorpal Sword: Expungement Affidavits & Their Power to Void Sheriff’s Sales & Revert Mortgages Back to the Homeowner, Dartmouth Law Journal, Volume 14, Issue 1 & Cornell Real Estate Review, Volume 14, Article 16 (condensed version)
Areas of Practice
- Justice Stephen J. Markman, Michigan Supreme Court, Law Clerk
- Judge Thomas C. Cameron, Michigan Court of Appeals, Law Clerk
- Michigan State University College of Law, Summa Cum Laude, J.D., 2016
- University of Michigan-Flint, B.A, 2012
- Michigan, 2017
Honors & Recognitions
- Michigan State Trial Practice Institute
- Michigan State Law Review, Articles Editor