Commercial Real Estate Practical Considerations For Your Business
08.20.2020 | 11:15 a.m.
Event Sponsor: Detroit Regional Chamber
Has the COVID-19 global pandemic changed the way your workforce is operating? Many businesses executives are contemplating how workforce productivity in a virtual environment may impact their short- and long-term commercial real estate decisions. Plunkett Cooney attorneys will discuss what businesses need to know about commercial real estate, leases, franchise agreements, and much more.
The rapid-fire discussion is designed to cover a range of topics from financial considerations to landlord or tenant issues to workforce management concerns related to COVID-19. Panelists will offer their expert point of view on:
- What are the primary concerns right now for landlords and tenants?
- Will COVID-19 change the future of commercial real estate lending?
- What are commercial lenders concerned about right now?
- Is there flexibility in the market for renegotiating leases and commercial mortgages?
- What are the potential HR pitfalls to instituting a long-term remote work option?
- How can I get relief from onerous lease requirements during the pandemic?
- What are the property owner’s duties to tenants for a safe environment?
- Are employers liable for employees allegedly infected while at work?
- How do you see the future of commercial real estate evolving post-pandemic?
Moderator: Darren Nichols, Free Lance Journalist; Contributing Columnist, Detroit Free Press