Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2015 ‘Best Lawyers in America’
Twenty-eight Plunkett Cooney attorneys were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2015.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which lawyers within their own geographic region nominate their peers. These lawyers are not allowed to select nominees from the same area(s) in which they practice. Inclusion in Best Lawyers (Copyright 2014 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)is considered a singular honor because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed.
Receiving special honors from Best Lawyers this year are Plunkett Cooney partners Michael P. Ashcraft, Jr. and Robert G. Kamenec who were named Detroit "Lawyers of the Year" in their respective areas of practice. This designation is given to only a single attorney in each practice area in each community.
Ashcraft, who serves as the firm’s Professional Liability Practice Group Leader, was named the 2014 - 2015 Detroit Legal Malpractice Law Lawyer of the Year. Serving as the secretary/treasurer of the firm’s board of directors, he concentrates his practice on the defense of lawyers, accountants, and other professionals in malpractice claims both directly and through insurance carriers.
Kamenec, who serves as Plunkett Cooney’s Insurance, Professional and Governmental Law Department Leader, was named the 2014 - 2015 Lawyer of the Year for Appellate Practice in Detroit. One of the state’s most accomplished appellate attorneys, Kamenec’s practice entails several areas of emphasis, including insurance coverage, medical malpractice, professional liability, class actions, directors' and officers' liability, drug liability, and title insurance. He is regularly retained to represent clients on high exposure and legally significant appeals in the state and federal courts.
Below is a list of additional Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2015 Best Lawyers designation:
Plunkett Cooney’s Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Douglas C. Bernstein (partner) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization law
- William D. Booth (of counsel) – Personal Injury Litigation. He has the distinction of being named to the Best Lawyers list for 25 years.
- Charles W. Browning (partner) – Insurance Law
- Gary W. Francis (associate) – Labor Law – Management
- Jerome A. Galante (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
- Jeffrey C. Gerish (partner) – Appellate Law
- Greg Gromek (partner) – Personal Injury Litigation
- Mark S. Kopson (partner) – Health Care Law
- Mary Massaron (partner) – Appellate Law
- Kenneth M. Mattson (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
- Stanley C. Moore, III (of counsel) – Labor and Employment Law
- Scott H. Sirich (partner) – Construction Law and Litigation
- Thomas P. Vincent (partner) – Commercial Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Columbus, Ohio Best Lawyers:
- Amelia A. Bower (partner) – Real Estate Litigation
- Jack S. Levey (senior attorney) – Real Estate Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Detroit, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Loretta M. Ames (partner) – Product Liability Litigation
- James R. Geroux (partner) – Workers’ Compensation Law
- Christine D. Oldani (partner) – Appellate Law
- Claudia D. Orr (senior attorney) – Employment Law
- Stanley A. Prokop (partner) – Insurance Law
- Mary Catherine Rentz (partner) – Insurance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s East Lansing, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- David K. Otis (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
Plunkett Cooney’s Kalamazoo, Michigan Best Lawyers:
- Michael S. Bogren (partner) – Municipal Law and Litigation
- Keith A. Peterson (senior attorney) – Banking and Finance Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Mt. Clemens, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- D. Jennifer Andreou (partner) – Medical Malpractice Law
Plunkett Cooney’s Petoskey, Michigan Best Lawyer:
- Charles H. Gano (partner) – Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice Law
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney employs 150 attorneys in nine Michigan cities, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms and is listed among the U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” in 2014. Plunkett Cooney has also received several awards naming the firm as a top place to work within the legal industry.
For more information about Plunkett Cooney’s 2015 “Best Lawyers in America,” contact the firm’s Practice Development Manager John Cornwell at (248) 901-4008; firstname.lastname@example.org.
– End –
- D. Jennifer Andreou
- Michael P. Ashcraft, Jr.
- Douglas C. Bernstein
- Michael S. Bogren
- William D. Booth
- Amelia A. Bower
- Charles W. Browning
- Jeffrey C. Gerish
- Robert G. Kamenec
- Mark S. Kopson
- Mary Massaron
- Claudia D. Orr
- David K. Otis
- Stanley A. Prokop
- Mary Catherine Rentz
- Scott H. Sirich
- Thomas P. Vincent