Plunkett Cooney attorneys among legal industry ‘Rising Stars’
In its annual review of the state’s top young attorneys, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has awarded 12 lawyers from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest and largest law firms, its “Rising Star” honor.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars compiles its annual list based upon a newly-patented selection process that involves the creation of a candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by an in-house research department; and a peer evaluation process.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40-years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Josephine A. DeLorenzo – Appellate
- Jeffrey S. Hengeveld – Professional Liability: Defense
- Marc P. Jerabek – Bankruptcy: Business
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Megan P. McKnight – Business Litigation
- Lauren B. McMillen – Insurance Coverage
- Elaine M. Pohl – Insurance Coverage
- Patrick E. Winters – Insurance Coverage
Grand Rapids office members:
- Lisa A. Hall – Creditor Debtor Rights
- Matthew T. Tompkins – Civil Litigation: Defense
Mt. Clemens office member:
- Paul J. Dwaihy – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney employs 150 attorneys in nine Michigan cities, and one office each in Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm, which provides a range of transactional and litigation services, has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms. The firm has also been recognized for several consecutive years as one of southeast Michigan’s top workplaces.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2014 “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Practice Development Manager John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; firstname.lastname@example.org.
– End –