Super Lawyers Magazine selects Plunkett Cooney Rising Stars
In its annual review of the state’s top young attorneys, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has awarded 12 lawyers from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest law firms, its Rising Star honor.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers compiles its annual list based upon a patented selection process that involves the creation of a candidate pool, evaluation of candidates by an in-house research department, and a peer evaluation process.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2020 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Abe Barlaskar – Personal Injury: Defense
- Ryan P. Bourjaily – Estate & Trust Litigation
- Ashley S. Dickey – Personal Injury: Defense
- Chase M. Kubica – Personal Injury: Defense
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Scott W. Malott – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Courtney L. Nichols – Employment & Labor
- Nicole C. Ruggirello – Insurance Coverage (New to the list)
Detroit office member:
- Kimberly K. Seibert – Civil Litigation: Defense
Lansing office member:
- Alannah M. Buford-Kamerman – Personal Injury: Defense
Petoskey office member:
- Matthew W. Cross – Civil Litigation: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney is a leading provider of business and litigation services to clients in the private and public sectors. The firm employs approximately 150 attorneys in seven Michigan cities, Chicago, Illinois, Indianapolis, Indiana and Columbus, Ohio. Plunkett Cooney has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms. The firm was also selected by Crain’s Detroit Business as its inaugural Law Firm of the Year.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2020 Michigan “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Director of Marketing & Business Development John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.
– End –