Plunkett Cooney attorneys selected as 2021 ‘Rising Stars’
Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has named 14 attorneys from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest and largest law firms, to its 2021 list of “Rising Stars.”
New to the list this year are Rochelle L. Clarke, Katherine M. Nighswander and Michele Dunsky Adams. A Bloomfield Hills attorney and co-leader of the firm’s Governmental Law Practice Group, Clarke was selected for her civil litigation defense experience. Both Nighswander, an attorney in the firm’s Bloomfield Hills office, and Dunsky Adams, a member of Plunkett Cooney’s Grand Rapids, were selected for their insurance coverage expertise.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers compiles its annual list based upon a patented selection process that involves peer nominations, independent third-party research and peer evaluation by a highly-credentialed panel of attorneys.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2021 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Abe Barlaskar – Personal Injury: Defense
- Ryan P. Bourjaily – Estate & Trust Litigation
- Rochelle L. Clarke – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Ashley S. Dickey – Personal Injury: Defense
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Scott W. Malott – Civil Litigation: Defense
- Courtney L. Nichols – Employment & Labor
- Katherine M. Nighswander – Insurance Coverage
- Nicole C. Ruggirello – Insurance Coverage
- Jesse A. Zapczynski – Insurance Coverage
Detroit office member:
- Kimberly K. Seibert – Civil Litigation: Defense
Grand Rapids office member:
- Michele Dunsky Adams – Personal Injury: Defense
Petoskey office member:
- Matthew W. Cross – Civil Litigation: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney is a leading provider of business and litigation services to clients in the private and public sectors. The firm employs approximately 150 attorneys in seven Michigan cities, Chicago, Illinois, Indianapolis, Indiana and Columbus, Ohio. Plunkett Cooney has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2021 Michigan “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Director of Marketing & Business Development John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; firstname.lastname@example.org.
– End –