Plunkett Cooney attorneys among 2018 'Rising Stars'
In its annual review of the state’s top young attorneys, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has awarded 13 lawyers from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest and largest law firms, its “Rising Star” honor.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars compiles its annual list based upon a patented selection process that involves the creation of a candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by an in-house research department; and a peer evaluation process.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2017 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Abe Barlaskar – Personal Injury: Defense
- Alexander R. Baum – Personal Injury: Defense
- Karen E. Beach – Appellate
- Josephine A. DeLorenzo – Appellate
- Marc P. Jerabek – Bankruptcy: Business
- Chase M. Kubica – Personal Injury: Defense
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Courtney L. Nichols – Employment & Labor
- Olivia M. Paglia – Insurance Coverage
Detroit office members:
- Joseph A. Campbell – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Kimberly K. Seibert – Civil Litigation: Defense
East Lansing office member:
- Alannah M. Buford-Kamerman – Personal Injury: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney is one of the nation’s oldest and largest law firms with approximately 300 employees, including 150 attorneys in eight Michigan cities, as well as in Chicago, Illinois, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. The firm, which provides a range of transactional and litigation services, has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell. Fortune magazine has also named Plunkett Cooney among the top commercial law firms in the United States.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2018 Michigan “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Practice Director of Marketing & Business Development John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; email@example.com.
– End –