The members of Plunkett Cooney's Medical Litigation Practice Group include attorneys, nurses, paralegals, litigation support personnel and library staff, all of whom provide a comprehensive approach to defending claims.
Attorneys in this practice group have handled every type of claim that can be brought against a health care professional or provider. Their experience includes complex and high exposure claims brought in the circuit and federal district courts, as well as representation of health care professionals undergoing investigations by medical boards and the offices of state attorneys general.
When an injury involves the potential for catastrophic damages, the members of Plunkett Cooney's Medical Litigation Group create a team of specialists, including life care planners, economists and focus groups to analyze the pertinent issues and to minimize potential damages.
Should a matter proceed to trial, Plunkett Cooney’s attorneys work with their litigation support team to produce high-impact visual presentations to assist the jury with understanding the complexities of the medical issues involved.
Many of the group's attorneys have particular expertise in specific medical disciplines, and several have educational backgrounds in medical fields. Their intimate knowledge of highly technical medical procedures, treatments and health care policies are front-line assets in the defense of claims alleging medical malpractice.
Plunkett Cooney’s clients include physicians in general and specialized practice, pharmacists, chiropractors, dentists, podiatrists, psychologists, psychiatrists, hospitals and their employees, medical clinics, mental health facilities and extended care facilities. The group also has the distinction of serving as defense panel counsel for some of the nation’s leading medical malpractice insurance providers.
View Team Members
- PartnerEmail | (313) 983-4802
- Senior AttorneyEmail | (313) 983-4419
- PartnerEmail | (231) 348-6435
- Nurse ConsultantEmail | (248) 901-4083
- PartnerEmail | (810) 342-7014
- Nurse ConsultantEmail | (248) 594-8688
- Partner, Practice Group LeaderEmail | (248) 594-4281
- ParalegalEmail | (248) 901-4039
- Partner/Director of Diversity & InclusionEmail | (313) 983-4751
- Nurse ConsultantEmail | (248) 594-6962
- Associate, Practice Group LeaderEmail | (313) 983-4313
- PartnerEmail | (810) 342-7012
- AssociateEmail | (313) 983-4321
- AssociateEmail | (313) 983-4323
- Detroit Athletic Club, 05.19.2018
- Dearborn Inn, 05.05.2017
- Detroit Athletic Club, 05.20.2016
- Troy Marriott Hotel, 06.04.2015
- Dearborn Inn, 02.07.2015
- Troy Marriott Hotel, 05.31.2014
- Detroit Athletic Club, 04.07.2011
- Troy Marriott • Troy, Michigan, 11.13.2010
- Detroit Athletic Club, 04.30.2010
- Troy Marriott Hotel, 11.06.2009
- Appellate Court Rules all NOI Challenges in Medical Malpractice Cases Must be Made at Time Defendant First Responds to Complaint03.06.2018
- Appellate Court Held That Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses are Different Health Professions12.18.2017
- Supreme Court Rules Objective Facts in Hospital Incident Reports Protected by Michigan's Statutory Peer-Review Privilege04.24.2015
- Appellate Court Ruling may Lead to Increased Liability Against Mental Health Professionals in 'False Memory' Cases01.15.2015
- Supreme Court Determines Setoffs Should be Subtracted After Reduction of Jury Verdict to the Statutory Cap07.26.2012
- Federal Appellate Court Applies Stark and Anti-Kickback Laws to Anesthesiologists’ Exclusive Contract and Pain Management Arrangements02.11.2009
- Post Operative Activities Key to Determining ‘One Most Relevant Specialty’ for Expert Witness Qualification04.02.2008
- Crain's Detroit Business, 10.29.2018