Plunkett Cooney attorneys among legal publication’s ‘Rising Stars’
In its annual review of the state’s top young attorneys, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine has awarded 10 lawyers from Plunkett Cooney, one of Michigan’s oldest law firms, its “Rising Star” honor.
Published by Thomson Reuters, Michigan Super Lawyers & Rising Stars compiles its annual list based upon a patented selection process that involves the creation of a candidate pool; evaluation of candidates by an in-house research department; and a peer evaluation process.
To be considered a Rising Star, candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or licensed to practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys receive the “Rising Star” designation.
Below is a list of Plunkett Cooney attorneys who have received the 2019 Michigan Super Lawyer Rising Star designation:
Bloomfield Hills office members:
- Hilary A. Ballentine – Appellate
- Abe Barlaskar – Personal Injury: Defense
- Alexander R. Baum – Personal Injury: Defense
- Ashley S. Dickey – Personal Injury: Defense
- Justin J. Hakala – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Chase M. Kubica – Personal Injury: Defense
- Patrick C. Lannen – Banking
- Scott W. Malott – Civil Litigation: Defense (New to the list)
- Courtney L. Nichols – Employment & Labor
Detroit office member:
- Kimberly K. Seibert – Civil Litigation: Defense
Established in 1913, Plunkett Cooney is a leading provider of business and litigation services to clients in the private and public sectors. The firm employs approximately 140 attorneys in eight Michigan cities, Chicago, Illinois, Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana. Plunkett Cooney has achieved the highest rating (AV) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, a leading, international directory of law firms. The firm was also recently selected by Crain’s Detroit Business as its inaugural Law Firm of the Year and as one of its 2019 Cool Places to Work in Michigan.
For more information regarding Plunkett Cooney’s 2019 Michigan “Rising Stars,” contact the firm’s Practice Director of Marketing & Business Development John Cornwell, at (248) 901-4008; firstname.lastname@example.org.
– End –